Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Arena of Death Board


Following last Sundays post about the Warhammer 40k mini-game, Arena of Death, I've decided to build a game board for it...

The rules for Arena of Death call for a board that is 2 x 2 ft. 


Now the rules suggest you could use a 2x2 Citadel Realm of Battle Game Board tile (That's just for two tiles!) but I know if I'm going to introduce new players into the hobby and want to keep you're costs down I had to find an alternative.


Fortunately my local hardware store carries 2 x 2 ft pre-cut boards.  If yours doesn't then simply have them cut a sheet of wood which SHOULD be free to do.




 I decided to make the Arena with a center stage.  1 x 1 ft that was 6 inches in from all sides.  This is going to be slightly raised using some foam board.



The benefit of using foam board is that I can easily cut it and put any design I want.  The group decided it would be best to use the symbol from the Cult of Strife who's leader, Lelith Hesperex, is the undisputed champion of the Arena.




Next Sunday we'll start building!






No comments: