Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

40k Team Tournament



While I’ve been working on the Arena of Death board a local group buddy suggested I hold a 40k team tournament.  What rules and FOC should I use for it since there is no standard…



To make it simple on myself and to hold it within a few weeks I decided to grab the rules and mission packs from an upcoming team tourney being held in Florida, Crucible 2013.





The point size of the tourney had to be low to accommodate the time limit I would have for a tourney at our FLGS.  750 points per player would make a team size of 1500 points which would be the ideal size.  The FOC is modified for 1 HQ, 1 Troop minimum. 

When I made an army up for this setup it forces you to consider what your team mate will be running because a majority of the missions are of course objective based.  At low points and only 1 Troop choice required it’s easy to get carried away and go for the tabling while spamming as many *Insert Deathstar* as you can fit.

I’ll be holding the tourney on March 2nd so I’ll be sure to post the results for discussion and review each teams Comp.

No comments: